The school has an international and professional team of 11 foreign teachers and 12 teaching assistants. The school has an excellent staff retention rate, with half of the current foreign teachers having stayed with the school for over three years. Frequent staff dinners and outings create an enjoyable working environment.
- 20 teaching + 4 office hours per week.
- Students: 3-18 years old, 12-14 students per class.
- 5 working days per week with 2 consecutive days off.
Your Teaching Assistant will assist you with marking homework, communicating with parents and classroom behavior.
All courses have complete course and syllabus guides, so you can concentrate on how to develop your teaching, rather than worrying about what to teach. The school provides all the books, CDs, educational toys and other teaching resources needed to teach the curriculum. You are welcome to bring any music, games, and other teaching materials to adjust classes to suit your style. Each classroom has a projector and internet access, so it is easy to demonstrate something to students.
- You are already in China right now.
- A passport from the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand or South Africa (visa requirement).
- A bachelor degree.
- A 120-hour TEFL certificate or better.
- A clear criminal background.
Salary and Benefits
- Up to 18,000 RMB (2,735 USD) per month.
- Covid-19 insurance.
- 22 days paid holiday.
- Visa assistance and costs within China covered.
- Airport pickup, and arrival hotel costs covered.
- Flight reimbursement up to 5,000 RMB.
- Up to 12,000 RMB salary advance.
- End of contract bonus of 5,000 RMB.
- Opportunities for career development (teacher manager, teacher trainer, marketing and sales, publishing, HR).
A western Academic Manager will train you and support you with anything needed outside of work. You will get assistance with finding accommodation, setting up a bank account, getting a sim card and general orientation.
For questions, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Teachers Love Dalian
Dalian is a seaside city located in the North-East of China with about 6.5 million inhabitants. If China is a bit shaped like a chicken, Dalian is around the beak area. It’s generally got great air quality and it is a lively, cosmopolitan city.
Although it’s a modern city at heart, you will also find quite a few historical sites throughout the place. In its history, it has been occupied by the British, the Japanese, and also the Russians. You can find the architecture and cultural remnants of all three.