EF English First
Baotou, Inner Mongolia, P.R.China
Position: Full time English language teacher
Reference NO. BT1TH06A
EF English First, Baotou now has a position available for a passionate and dedicated English teacher. The right candidate will have high academic standards as well as the ability to relate to and inspire young learners.
EF has over 40 years of collective experience in the education industry. EF Baotou school opened in 2009 and boasted cutting edge design and technology. Our 12 classrooms are fitted with computers and English Firsts’ brand new educational software which compliments our course based learning perfectly and allows for a truly varied and engaging learning experience for all students.
Emphasis is also on strong academic support and on-going teacher training ensuring our teachers are constantly learning as they teach.
Baotou – The city
Baotou locates in the middle of Inner Mongolia. It neighbors Hohhot in the east, Bayannaoer city in the west, borders Mongolia in the north and is close to the Yellow River and Erdos city in the south. Known as ‘City of Deer’ the city has a profound history and abundant cultural relics. Human settlers moved there as early as six thousand years ago in the Neolithic Age. Visit the Mongolian yurts, drink a bowl of warm milk tea, and enjoy eating mutton with your hands, which are all indispensable ways to experience the Mongolian customs in Baotou.
With a population of 2.6 million, Baotou is a fascinating place with lots to see and do. Enjoy delicious food, stroll around the shops and experience the nightlife in cafes and bars. A truly unique experience.
The places of interest in Baotou are abundant and unique. There is the culture heritage, natural scenery, and the human landscape formed by the modern industry. The beautiful landscape of the grassland, the peculiar scenery of the Yellow River and the unique desert scene are the highlight in Baotou. Explore the desert on the back of a camel before sliding down the 100m high sand dunes.
For more information on the city of Baotou have a look at these sites:
• Maximum of 20 hours teaching per week
• Lesson planning
• Use audio / video materials in classes
• Cooperate with the CM and DOS in ensuring the constructive communication and efficient operation of the centre
• Assist in the placement testing and interviewing of new students
• Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes, conversation clubs, tutorials, seminars and presentations
• Attend centre social events
• Excellent salary: 6,000 RMB per month (5,500 RMB for probation)
• Free accommodation: Western style, near the school
• Flight allowance: 9,000 RMB half payable after 6 months, half after 12 months
• Legal ‘Z’ work visa
• 12 days public holidays plus 10 days extra holidays
• Performance related bonus
• On-going training and academic support
• Promotion opportunities within the EF network
• Bachelor’s degree
• TEFL certificate
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia or South Africa
• Experience teaching young learners preferred
• Plenty of passion and energy
How to apply
Please send the following to Aidan Wang at jobs@GoldStarTeachers.com:
• Covering letter
• Recent photo
• Degree & TEFL certificates
• Passport photo page
• Contact details and 5 available days and times available for interview
• Include in the subject heading the reference no. BT1TH06A
We are looking forward to hearing from you.