EF English First
Zhangjiagang, Jiangsu province, P.R.China
Position: Full time English language teacher
Reference No. ZJ1TH08A
EF English First, Zhangjiagang is now accepting applications from qualified English teachers looking to expand their horizons and teach at a leading language school in China. If you strive for excellence and enjoy delivering engaging English classes then you will fit right in. Our high academic standards, plentiful resources and outstanding staff are what make us the leading school in the city.
Our school first opened its doors in 2002 and ever since has grown from strength to strength. We started off with 4 foreign teachers and 9 local staff, now with a total staff of almost 40. We were one of the first English First schools to open in China. With the backing of over 40 years of experience and support from its parent company it’s no wonder English First Zhangjiagang continues to be seen as the number one place for language learning in the city of Zhangjiagang. We have a dedication to the highest academic quality achieved through on-going teacher training.
At the EF National Conference in 2009 we won the award for best growth. We’ve recently moved to a new state-of the art multimedia school, with touch screen interactive whiteboards in every classroom, a “cookery-classroom,” as well as EF’s Life Club Zone, which has a newly designed stage and Dance Dance Revolution style mats.
Zhangjiagang – The city
Located in the northwestern part of the Jiangsu Province, not too far from Shanghai, the city has a distinct advantage with its excellent geographical position. After years of development, Zhangjiagang has become a city that perfectly combines traditional culture with modern life.
Transportation is greatly improved by building more roads and bridges. Zhangjiagang is only an hour and a half driving distance away from Shanghai, and a half hour drive from the downtown of Suzhou. There are almost half a million of tourists visiting Zhangjiagang every year to sample its urban culture.
For more information on the city of Zhangjiagang have a look at these sites:
• Maximum of 20 hours teaching per week
• Lesson planning
• Use audio / video materials in classes
• Cooperate with the CM and DOS in ensuring the constructive communication and efficient operation of the centre
• Assist in the placement testing and interviewing of new students
• Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes, conversation clubs, tutorials, seminars and presentations
• Attend centre social events
• Excellent salary: 6,200 RMB during probation period, 6,700RMB from 3-6 months, rising to 7,200RMB after 6 months. 2nd year salary is 7,700RMB
• Free accommodation: Western style, near the school
• Flight allowance: 9,000 RMB half payable after 6 months, half after 12 months
• Legal ‘Z’ work visa
• 12 days public holidays plus 10 days extra holidays
• Free Chinese lessons
• Performance related bonus: 1,500RMB to 2,500RMB
• On-going training and academic support
• Promotion opportunities within the EF network
• Bachelor’s degree
• TEFL certificate
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
• Experience teaching young learners preferred
• Plenty of passion and energy
How to apply
Please send the following to Aidan at jobs@GoldStarTeachers.com:
• Covering letter
• Recent photo
• Degree & TEFL certificates
• Passport photo page
• Contact details and 5 available days and times available for interview
• Include in the subject heading the reference no. ZJ1TH08A
We are looking forward to hearing from you.