Shane English School
Position: Full time English language teacher
Reference No. SHS1TH09A
Shane English Schools China (SESC) offers you the opportunity to experience the fascinating and wildly different culture of China first hand with the support and expertise of one of the largest British owned EFL organizations in Asia. We are now holding interviews for professional and motivated teachers dedicated to making learning fun and effective.
Established in 2001 Shane currently operates in over 24 cities across China. We are well known as a market leading language school. With thousands of students coming through our doors every year we make every effort to maintain the highest standards in education by providing excellent course materials, technology and an engaging learning environment.
The majority of our students are young learners aged from 3 to 14 years old and teachers enjoy teaching to a variety of ages throughout the week. Teacher training and support is seen as key at Shane and we provide a one week training program at the start of your contract as well as on-going training and support in the form of workshops, seminars, class observations from your Academic Manager.
Shanghai – The city
Shanghai is the possibly the most vibrant city in world, but certainly the most exciting in China. From its famous skyline and it busy thoroughfares to its small lanes and neighborhoods; Shanghai has something to offer for everyone. Coming to Shanghai to teach English will be the most exciting time of your life, whether it's your first time away from home or a seasoned traveler, you'll find Shanghai a favorable destination. The streets are full of small boutiques. There are numerous temples to satisfy those who may be looking for peace and tranquility and bustling areas like People's Square will satisfy those who are engaged in people watching.
Shanghai was where China first met the West and it’s still a frontier town, obsessed with the latest fads, fashions and technology. But tucked between the shopping malls and the eye-popping modern architecture is the old Shanghai, where temples nestle down alleys, along with street markets and classical Chinese gardens. Shanghai is a city of stunning contrasts, where visitors can go from sipping a cocktail in a designer bar overlooking the Bund, to eating dumplings at a street stall, or gazing at a 10th-century Buddhist monastery, in the space of a few hours. Summer is hot and humid, winter can get cold, but Shanghai never stops.
For more information on the city of Shanghai have a look at these sites:
• 18-20 hours teaching per week
• Lesson planning
• Take part in school parties and events
• Excellent salary: 9,400 – 10,000 RMB per month (depending on qualifications and experience)
• Flight allowance: 4,200 RMB
• Legal ‘Z’ work visa
• 12 days public holidays plus 10 days extra holidays
• Insurance allowance: 1,300 RMB
• Performance related bonus: up to 13,900RMB per year
• Assistance finding accommodation
• On-going training and academic support
• Promotion opportunities to Senior Teacher and Academic Manager within the Shane network
• Bachelor’s degree
• TEFL certificate
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
• Experience teaching young learners preferred
• Plenty of passion and energy
How to apply
Please send the following to Aidan at jobs@GoldStarTeachers.com:
• Covering letter
• Recent photo
• Degree & TEFL certificates
• Passport photo page
• Include in the subject heading the reference no. SHS1TH09A